Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Reflection from the 15 days Practical - Teacher training

I really enjoyed myself during the time I spent at Grace kindy where I had to implement the use of ICT to the children of a class who are not often given the opportunity to work with other technology materials such as cameras, laptops etc in school. In one of the lessons implemented in the class, I got the children to take turns to come up with a sentence each to describe the situation found in the picture given and then typing it out onto a PowerPoint presentation. I  had even taught the children how to use a hand phone camera to take pictures of their plant's growth everyday and we would record it's growth in a Microsoft word document table. The children really enjoyed most was the Video stories that are downloaded into laptop for them all to see and the process of crating their own story in the "My Story Maker" website. Overall, this process of using ICT was a success in teaching children with new ways and methods as Angela had also pointed out in her blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment