Monday, March 25, 2013

Week 3 Reflection/ TPACK

Ok, honestly at first I didn't quite get this TPACK thing.. tea pack?? but after reading what's on the study desk and reading my friend's - Vicky's  & Erica's blog about what is this TPACK all about now I understand slightly better.. TPACK or rather (Technological, Pedagogical and Content Knowledge) illustrates the types of knowledge that we hope to acquire in our teacher training and be able to develop as the technology changes.
In the TPACK, it focuses on 3 types of knowledge as it can be seen in the image below.


1)  Content knowledge 
- The teacher needs to discover the goals of what sort of subject is to be learned or taught.

2) Pedagogical Knowledge 
- Teacher has to set out appropriate teaching strategies, methods, how to mange a class, how students learn to acquire knowledge and acquire skills in order to obtain the goal. 

3) Technology Knowledge 
- Teacher needs to plan which technologies to use according to the context of the classroom, resources available, classroom management and child's level- appropriateness


TPACK is something that I could use to start developing my technological pedagogical knowledge right now and continue to build as I continue through my journey as a student and as a teacher in future. Being a reflective practitioner, I should acknowledge where my weakest area is and also use my strengths to expand my knowledge. Each part of the TPACK is important and should match up to support each other. You can learn more about this through his link: TPACK

Reference: TPACK [Image]. (2013). Retrieved from http://randysresources.wikispaces.com/TPACK

No comments:

Post a Comment